JHF Future Projects
The following projects, activities, and undertaking have been recommended by various of our membership, have been discussed, some rejected by the current board, and may be on the agenda of future foundation meetings. Whether you are a board member or not, these projects and activities will need volunteers and other help. Please consider what you can do to to help us.
- Public access to, fenced protection, and restoration of the John and Frankey Lea Jessee Cemetery, as well as other Jessee family cemeteries. This will also involve land owner cooperation.
NOTE: The current JHF Board has determined that the JHF will take no action on this matter.
- Preservation and restoration of Jesseeís Mill, Russell Co., VA. This will need historical study and documentation, requests for appropriate historical designation, and fund raising and grant development. This may involve the land owner, Sherman Wallace, Jr., who has agreed to work with the JHF or other association.
NOTE: The current JHF Board has determined that the JHF will not participate in and will take no action on this matter.
- The establishment of Virginia Historical Markers at Jesseeís Mill and appropriate Jessee Family sites. See News and Events for Exciting Good News about the Jessee's Mill Historical Highway Marker.
- The possibility of creating a Jessee Book.
- Planning for the next and future National Jessee Family Reunions and Annual Meetings.
While the JHF will not be participating in any Jessee's Mill acquistion or restoration, and has no affilition with any of the future efforts regarding it, because this was an interest of many of those who originally joined the Jessee Historical Foundation, please go to: Jessee's Mill Acquistion and Restoration Project Here you will find news about the opportunity to acquire Jessee' Mill, School, and Dam, as well as the Andrew Jackson Jessee Home. If these are acquired, preservation and eventual restoration is proposed, along with creation of a Jessee's Mill Historical Park.